Thursday, October 23, 2014

31 Days of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 23- Make it Work

Ah... the immortal words of the infamous Tim Gunn. 

But sometimes, you've got to do just that. Sometimes, you know something isn't right, but you need it anyway. So you figure something out. You turn the cushion over so no one seems the rip in the fabric (totally did that for a solid year in my last place). You rearrange the furniture to cover that stain the carpet (who hasn't done that?).

Or you make a paper shade for that lamp that's broken....

Originally, I'd planned to remove the glass completely and just give it a new shade, but it wouldn't come off, so I just papered it.

I know I need to get another lamp soon. It's starting to give of a burning smell when left on for too long. :-P But it works, for now.

I like to think of it as an art.....

No comments:

Post a Comment